Before choosing to ride with the 16 and over group, please be aware:
· 16+ rides are for experienced, strong, fast cyclists who desire more of a challenge than provided by other group rides. The 16 And Over (16+) ride category is for bicyclists able to maintain average speeds of 16 mph and more over climbs and challenging terrain.
· The ride leader will not sweep 16+ rides. Cyclists are expected to be self-sufficient in terms of minor repairs, following cue sheets, and recovering from missed turns or incorrect cue sheets.
· Some regrouping may be done on the 16+ rides, but slower riders will often fail to make these regroupings and will be dropped. The 16+ group will welcome them when they are stronger cyclists and can hang with the established 16+ group. All bicyclists in the 16+ group should be experienced in the etiquette and skills of group cycling. Often the 16+ group will split into speed-range groups.
· Riders who are unsure of whether a particular 16+ ride is for them should contact the ride leader of that ride. If you are new to the club’s group rides or are not sure you are capable of a 16+ ride, you should go on a few 13-15 rides and get some sense of how you do at that level before joining a 16+ ride.
· Slower riders who want to do these routes at their own pace are welcome.